Station Operations Manager 1996-2003
Managed workgroups of up to 38 employees performing administrative functions, customer service, warehousing, sorting, and package delivery, utilizing state-of-the-art equipment and information systems.
1. Achieved 10% increase in on-road productivity through planning and implementing route structure redesign for four separate work groups.
2. Exceeded company average consistently in annual survey of leadership and employee satisfaction, while demanding constant improvement in productivity to meet company goals.
3. Developed and implemented programs to heighten awareness and recognition for station safety performance for both accidents and injuries, leading to steadily higher performance year-over-year throughout tenure as Safety Manager.
4. Instituted new systems leading to growth in station outbound package volume by 20% while maintaining price differential in company's favor with one of largest customers.
5. Awarded highest honors, along with rest of station management team, in Western Region Service competition on five occasions. Won Pacific NW District Station of the Month on 20 occasions, and Pacific NW Station of the Year in fiscal year 2004.
6. Hired and trained 150 employees in variety of job categories while maintaining consistently high productivity in all service indices.
7. Improved employee scheduling options to produce 15% increase in package handling rates and reduce a.m. sort downtime.
8. Reviewed station administrative procedures and developed new systems designed to improve employee awareness of flex goals. Helped station make changes needed to meet stringent, performance-based audit standards.
Sorted, delivered, and picked up packages for international and domestic shipments, obtained sales leads from new customers, and solicited incremental package volume from existing customers.
1. Generated high productivity gains on a.m. sort by managing document sort process to consistent end time within five minutes of box sort end time.
2. Improved international shipment service and reliability by auditing all outbound international shipments and paperwork to reduce employee errors by more than 50%.
Senior Customer Service Agent 1989-1994
Assisted customers with international and domestic shipping needs both over the counter and via telephone. Resolved problems with shipments enroute and expedited missorted packages. Served as Domestic Heavyweight Reservation Center Coordinator for Portland, Seattle, and Spokane ramp locations. As Information Coordinator, provided training to Portland ramp personnel in new heavyweight freight handling procedures. Also served as local United Way Coordinator.